Monday, July 18, 2005

Workicide

Sometimes when I'm in my boss' office and he is explaining something to me/telling me to do something, I look at his window and envision jumping right through it. Up until today I thought that I envisioned this because I thought it'd be funny to see what his reaction would be to see me randomly jump out the window. But today as he babbled on and I was envisioning away I realized that it's not just to imagine his awkwardness in such a situation but the fact is that work really does make me want to jump out a window, or at least makes me want to fantasize about it.

This especially happens when I'm in his office, being really bored, and someone else equally or more boring than my boss comes in and they start talking about something work related. I'm ignored for 10 minutes or so, I'm usually standing, and I can't help but just picturing jumping backward right through that window. I don't get hurt in these dreams, I just want OUT. Then again it could just be symbolic of tedious work life doing the killing on me. I need to get out of the rat race!!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger infiorno said...

2 months left, then you can be a trendy real estate superstar.

"You know, house pvices aw risin' all da time!"

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Bobbe Taber said...

Isn't that the wonder of when we start thinking of workicide, it really isn't about wanting to die, it is about wanting change. I also think of workicide in another way, the slow process of working, working, working to please the company, doing my best, doing what they want, always more, more, more, and not having the time for wellness practices nor the company support for good medical insurance and wellness practices, so little by little, the body creates chronic disease as I try to please, please, please my bosses and meet their new high productivity quotas. I am slowly killing myself in a place that does not support my wellness. Time to get out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home