Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Broken Piggy Bank

I've been hanging a lot of Japanese prints in my room lately to give it some sort of theme. The room's starting to look classy, and I've had to move other pictures around. This one framed pic of my parents I hung up not far from the light switch. Last night I reached my hand to switch off the light, and on the way back my hand hit the frame. It came down with the biggest crash and knocked over a little change jar I have on my desk corner.

I inspected the frame, figuring it was broken due to the loud noise it made and some bits of broken glass on my floor. It turns out that the frame smashed the glass change jar on its way down. Picture taking a hammer and smashing with one drop a 4 inch tall glass vase type thing with a bunch of pennies and Moroccan/Euro coins in it. I was surprised the frame did that, it was only a foot or so above the desk and it's not heavy.

The reason why this is significant is because of what that change thing represented. I put it in that spot because it's where the Feng Shui wealth corner is in my room. Here you put round, metallic type objects like tiny blue curvy vases filled with exotic coins. At first, I was a little concerned to have my wealth so figuratively smashed, but I tried to find some silver lining. Maybe the forces of Feng Shui are just being dramatic since I had to shell out $350 for the plumber that day (which is a lot less than I expected to pay). Or maybe it had something to do with my parents. Yesterday was their anniversary, and the picture was of them.

Then I thought maybe it’s symbolic of all the money that will be, um, exploding my way since I’ve been doing so many entrepreneurial activities lately, especially in the past few days. Maybe it’s symbolic of breaking open a piggy bank and coming into contact with a lot of money.

Some of these thoughts ventured out loud, and my girlfriend seeing my somewhat concern brought out the idea that maybe the money was just going to be so sizable that I need a bigger “piggy bank,” so Mr. Feng Shui sent me a little push. I like that one, I think I’ll keep it.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger infiorno said...

Damn, i wish my money jar in the corner of my room would bust open and give me fortune!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home