Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dream Blog: Day 3

I'm starting to remember more dreams and also remembering the dreams for longer periods of time. I was worried last night that I might not remember any because I had been drinking and I was very congested so I thought I might not get a good night sleep. Turns out I had the best night so far. I downloaded a program where a wizard 'guides' you into sleep by giving you instructions, and then periodically during the night asks you to do some reality checks. He'll say things like 'Are you dreaming?' and 'Look at your hands, do you see anything strange?' I ended up closing up my laptop though cause it was too bright and Gilly was sleeping over so I didn't want to wake her up with a creepy robot voice in the middle of the night. I'll try it again tonight.

Although there were many opportunity for reality checks in my dreams last night, I didn't recognize them while I was dreaming. It's almost like my subconscious was throwing out these reality checks and trying to get me to bite. Here are some examples: In one dream I saw some text on a chalkboard. When I looked again, the words were different. Another dream I jumped down to another floor and floated down without any harm. In that same dream, a man I know that is black was a tall white man. In my dream with Mike Drew, I had a "false awakening" where I "woke up" in the dream and throught that it was real life. If I were more diligent with performing reality checks every time I wake up, I might be able to catch the dream during these false awakenings. I feel as though I'm making progress though be recognizing these opportunities and should be able to move onto the next step soon, which is to become conscious during the dream. Once I achieve that, then I'll move on to describing "stabilizing" the dream. Here's my journal entry from last night:

I’m at a boardwalk with Gillian. I see some girl with really short shorts on, and her frilly pink underwear is sticking out the bottom. I follow to see where she’s going, she works at a place on the boardwalk. Gilly comes back from somewhere ad I tell her about it.

I “wake up” in Mike Drew’s bed with him and another girl (false awakening). She leaves the room to do something. We’re in Pittsburg, and I ask him if he had sex with her and he sheepishly said yes. Turns out we out drinking last night and I got really wasted and didn’t remember anything. He knew her beforehand and she’s from the University of Rhode Island. His real girlfriend slept in the other room with her daughter. She still had her dreadlocks in the dream. The new girl may have been the same one from my earlier dream, but she looked different and not as pretty although I’m not sure I got a look at her face in the previous dream.

I’m at a play/concert with Gilly, Caitlin and her boyfriend. There’s a mean ticket lady at the counter and Cait says “oh that’s the nice one”. I get a call on my cell from "Pres Pick" (name changed to avoid search engine problems) and I meet up with him in the basement. He’s tall and white and obviously doesn’t look like the real life Pres. Although I notice that he looks different, I don’t realize it’s a dream. He gives me the number of this guy who’s got some hot leads. I go back up and it’s a fancy dinner. I sit down at a table and I recognize some people. Cait’s trying to call my phone but I ignore it. Strange things start to happen. I think I see Pres Pick face-down on the floor somewhere. There are knives at the table that are shaped sort of like spade or cheese-cutting knives and some angry looking guy starts to put them in a violin case, but people’s expressions turn to hateful and I can tell they are planning something bad. This one bald guy at the table pretends or tries to slit his own throat but there’s no blood. I run through the many fancy tables and it seems like people at each table are being grabbed and attacked. The maitre d' is running after me, a tall guy in a tux with longish dark sort of slicked back hair. He has the book ‘Ask and it is Given’ and he tries to throw it at me as he chases me. I jump through a large opening in the middle of the floor where you can look down onto the first floor. I land without hurting myself (float) and I run through an elevator that’s closing and make it through while someone else chasing me can’t get through in time. The maitre d' is running towards me from the other direction and I think he has the book again. I run outside the restaurant and escape. I start to figure out that maybe everyone there was trying to set up someone they knew to be killed and everyone was in on it. Then I woke up.

I’m in a ‘catch me if you can’ type scenario. Me and two other guys are on the run and in hiding, but we were in a movie. We realized we were caught when we looked at a chalkboard at the place we were staying saying something about all movies needing to do something and then only our movie was listed, so it was obvious they were trying to trick us and catch us. When I looked at it again, the text changed. That reality check didn’t sink in though. We jumped into some sewer/pool to escape. We had some contact with the detective trying to find us to mess with him.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger infiorno said...

The dream where people chase you with cheese knives is freaky... i wonder if it's ok to actually use preston and ken's names?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Romeo Foxtrot said...

good point. names changed.

i'm not sure the guys were actually chasing me with knives, they might have put them all away in the violin case. the head waiter was definitely chasing me with the book

 

Post a Comment

<< Home