Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dream Blog: Day 5

I knew last night was going to be rough. I had to go straight from work to the chiropractor then straight to help Gilly move into her new apartment. After that, I had to go home to pick up Dave to get to the video game store at 10pm to wait for Madden 07 to release at midnight. Really we just paid the remaining balance, took some pizza, brownies, and Hi-C and went home, coming back at 11:30 pm and had the pleasure of annoying high school 'Laguna Beachites' blabbering in front of us. We finally got home around 12:30 and fooled around with the game for a while. I got in bed around 1:15 am and had to get up for a 7 am meeting the next day, so I estimated I'd get about 5 hours sleep. Turns out I couldn't fall asleep at all, and neither could Gilly. I woke up and didn't remember any dreams, very disappointing.

I've learned from my research that as the night goes on, your dreams become longer and easier to remember. So after 5 1/2 to 6 hours you get into the really good stuff. Me going on 3-4 hours sleep isn't conducive to this experiment. There was an incident though: At one point in the night Gilly was getting out of bed to go downstairs to see if she could fall asleep down there. She was leaning forward to exit the foot of the bed and I grabbed her foot and said "Where are you going?? Your back is red." I sort of remember seeing this too.

Gilly: What?
Me: It's red, red spots on your back. It's like a character from Madden, that I'm controlling with my controller.
G: Are you sleeping or awake?
Me: I'm awake now.
G: Does that make any sense?
Me: No.
G: Do a reality check {i've versed her in the lingo}. Check the clock.
Me: {looked at clock}
G: Ok now look again.
Me: {stayed still}

I didn't tell her, but I didn't feel the need to look at the clock because I had another reality check in place. Yesterday when I was at the mall I was thinking about all this reality check stuff, and everything seemed big and I thought to myself how I'd like to see some sort of sign that there was a behind the scenes type force or whatever. I was also thinking about sensations and how I felt a little distant from my feelings and how I'd like some clarity there. As I was getting into my car from the mall, somehow as I was slipping into the driver's seat the door slammed on my ear. It didn't squish between the door and the car, it either slammed against it or closed as I was sitting and I just plopped all my weight on the seat while my ear was on the other side of the door, or something. I have no idea exactly how that happened but it KILLED, I'm takling serious pain and still hurts right now. I do not usually make such clumsy errors, and I thought maybe this was some sort of sign, or maybe just a good reality check. I decided that if I got conscious in a dream, I would squeeze my ear to check. That's what I did in bed instead of checking the time.

I got my book from Amazon yesterday also. I was a little surprised to see it is only 84 pages and very small. I guess I'll be checking the number of pages from now on when shopping on Amazon. The good thing is I'll be able to go through it quick. Maybe I'll buy Stephen LaBerge's original book too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home